Please note that 'Cielo Smart Home' is a smart home skill for Breez. We also offer "Cielo Home" skill for Alexa which is a custom skill. "Cielo Smart Home" skill offers various operational features that are supported by Alexa for Smart Skills category of thermostats. If you are looking to explore additional features e.g. asking Alexa about your air conditioner's air filter status, usage history and many more, please configure "Cielo Home" skill for Alexa (the custom skill).
Before configuring "Cielo Smart Home" skill please ensure that your Breez Wi-Fi Controller for Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps is already configured before integrating it with Amazon Echo/Echo Dot. Please refer to Step 3 of Breez User Manual for details.
Step 1: Login to Amazon Alexa:
To sign in, enter your login credentials for your Alexa app and press the "Sign In" button.
Step 2: Enable Skill and Link Account
- On the home Screen open the side menu by pressing the “hamburger menu icon” highlighted in image below:
- The side menu will slide in. From this menu press the “Skills” option. It will open the “All Skills” screen.
- Tap on the search bar and type ‘Cielo Smart Home’ and press search. The “Cielo Smart Home” skill will appear in the search results. Select the “Cielo Smart Home” skill.
- This will bring you to the “Cielo Smart Home” Alexa skill. To use this skill press “Enable”.
- This will take you to the Cielo’s Alexa World Login page for linking Cielo Home account with your Amazon Alexa account. Press the “Login” button.
- Enter your ‘Cielo Home’ mobile app account Username and Password and press “Login”.
- If the credentials are valid and the code grant is successful, you will see the next message with this message ‘To continue, close this window to discover devices you can control with Alexa.’
- On closing the page, you will see a popup on the main skill page for discovering devices. Select the ‘Discover Devices’ option or cancel to discover by voice command to Alexa.
- Alexa will start looking for devices and will take around 20 seconds.
- Once done, the list of the discovered devices will be displayed.
- To add more devices, you can register Breez devices with Cielo Home App and say ‘Alexa, discover my Devices’.
- You are now all set-up to start using the ‘Cielo Smart Home’ skill.
Step 3: Alexa Voice Commands for Breez Smart Controller
The ‘Cielo Smart Home’ skill includes all the capabilities in any other smart home skill to allow voice control for Breez Wi-Fi Controller for your Air Conditioners & Heat Pumps. The skill is simple and easy to use and provides immediate control without any need of invoking the skill. It is capable of handling the following commands:
- Turn on / Turn Off, e.g. Alexa, turn on/off Bedroom.
- Increase/Decrease temperature, e.g. Alexa, increase/decrease the Bedroom by 2 degrees.
- Set thermostat temperature, e.g. Alexa, set Bedroom to 72 degrees.
- Ask the current set temperature of the specified device, e.g. Alexa, what is bedroom set to?
- Ask the current temperature reading or ambient temperature detected by the device, e.g. Alexa, what is the temperature of Bedroom?
Step 4: Alexa Compatible Device Names
Breez Smart Controller names should be compatible with Alexa. Alexa does not understand names with special characters or numbers. It only understands simple English names for devices. To use Alexa with Breez, we recommend users to name their devices accordingly. Following guidelines must be followed for Alexa to be able to control your Breez Wi-Fi controller for your air conditioners & heat pumps:
- Use names with alphabets only and unique names that are unique to hear as well. For e.g. “Bedroom”, “Bed Room”, “bedroom”, “bed ROOM” all are unique in writing but not in hearing. Alexa will hear “bedroom” for all these names. Alexa will only send the command to the device that comes first in the search if there are two devices with similar names.
- Alexa will not be able to identify device if there are any spell mistakes, for e.g. “bedroooom”.
- Alexa will not be able to identify names with special characters or numeric, for e.g. “b3dr00m”, “bedrom.”
You can change the name of your Breez device at any time using "Cielo Home" App. To know more about how to change the name of Breez device, please click here.